Subscribe to Purrfect Images
July 2017 S M T W T F S « Jul 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Our Local WeatherPahrump-NV0Fhumidity: 0%wind: 0mph NH 0 • L 0
Tag Archives: thankful
When spring rolls around you would think in the desert there wouldn’t be much to show that the seasons have changed but you’d be wrong. In the spring we get green grasses that come up around the cactus, each type of cactus has a type of bloom to display some lovely colors. My recent visit to Springs Preserve allowed me to capture several beautiful blooms that various cactus were showcasing for all willing to notice to see.
These beautiful yellow blooms are from one of those cacti displaying that even in the desert beauty is all around us. With that said do you notice the beauty around you or are you going at such a pace that life is a blur, let alone the beauty that is around you? This image is one of those stop and smell the roses or view the beauty that God has given us to enjoy. Yes, there are some rather painful thorns with these cacti, yet these bright yellow flowers reach towards the sun during the spring season.
Doesn’t life have challenges or thorns that we all have to endure and overcome to then see the beauty that was there all along? There is beauty around you when you struggle through the pain of delivering a baby. Beauty of giving your daughter away at a wedding where you think you are losing her but you gain a son and his family. Open your eyes to see the beauty around you, as it might be the one thing you need to see to help you through your challenge to motivate you to push forward.
I like to share the beautiful things in nature that God has given us through my photographs to remind you that there is more than the blur you see in your daily life. Be thankful for the lovely things around you, your ability to see them clearly, the colors, the smells, and the struggles they face to be there for you. Be thankful for the smiles, the hugs, the kisses and the I Love You as well, each is precious.
I hope you see the beauty around you. Leave a comment below about something you have seen recently or share this with someone you think it would touch. Have a blessed day!
We’ve all heard the saying the school of Hard Knocks sometime in your life. At this point in my life I think I have built the university brick by brick. Whenever I make a decision to do something I feel led to do it never fails that a few hard knocks are around the corner to try to prevent me from continuing on my new path.
Here’s what I found important to remember during those times:
- Be thankful for everything you have in your life – from your job, roof over your head, food in your belly, health and your friends and family. You never know when something is going to change in any of these areas that can put a little resistance in your life and make things difficult for a short time.
- Stay Positive – there is plenty of negative in the world that can keep you knocked down when you fall and prevent you from moving forward but if you focus on the positive things you will be back on track in no time.
- Celebrate the little things – Bake cookies with the kids when they come home with a good grade on something you know was challenging for them, do something small but special for your spouse who has been working long hours, take a moment for yourself when you accomplish something that you were stressed about.
- Get Outdoors – You can gain inspiration from many places but going outside to your favorite park, nearby forest, mountain, beach, lake or stream could be all you need to give you a boost to get you past this challenging moment.
- Be Giving – Many families are struggling these days in some manner and giving of your time or money to help someone else is rewarding and will help remind you that life could always be worse. Mow someone’s yard that is ill, take someone to the grocery store that has transportation problems or to the doctor, clean an elderly person’s home, there are many ways to help others think outside of the box.
- Stick to your schedule – If you are someone that have goals and dreams, plus work and juggle a family then a schedule is key to get everything done you need to each day. Schedule a date with your spouse, a family night each week, your own goals and projects time and most importantly alone time. Maintaining a schedule will help you to know what you need to do each day and week and keep you moving forward on your own goals plus take care of your family too.
- Healthy Lifestyle – Maintaining a healthy diet and exercise plan will keep you from getting ill right when you need to be at your best the most. Fast food and sweets are great from time to time but sticking to a lifestyle of healthy eating with plenty of fruits and vegetables, along with water intake and regular exercise will allow you to do more.
When you get knocked down I hope you choose to be positive and get right back up. Moving forward even if only a few small steps each week is still momentum forward towards the goals, dreams and life you desire.
Please share this with someone you feel needs some encouragement today and leave a comment below if you have a method that helps you when life knocks you down.
Have a blessed day!
Gratitude: (noun) the quality or feeling of being grateful or thankful.
There are so many things in my life right now that I’m totally grateful for, one being my husband and daughter, these two people I feel were given to me by God. My husband was this computer nerd that didn’t seem to look at a girl unless it was the name he called a computer. We became close friends and started sharing and talking about our childhood the pain and all, the future and the dreams of what life could be, and then the life with each other. He is truly my soul mate and I feel he was a gift to me because I didn’t want to get married at all due to my childhood. God had other plans for me.
As for my daughter, she is the miracle. I was told I couldn’t have children once I got married and we tried and tried with no luck. My body just wasn’t going to have anything to do with getting pregnant. Then 5 years later after one doctor visit, one pill for one day that made me so very ill that I couldn’t take after that, the miracle of 30 days later I was pregnant. My daughter is a gift and a true blessing. She is an amazing person and I had a part of creating that young lady. God definitely gave me a gift worth treasuring with her.
Other things I’m grateful for are my talents as a graphic designer that led me to my current job that provides income to my family. I’m grateful for shelter over our heads, food for our tummies and our bills paid each month. I’m grateful for my extended family that I don’t get to see that often but stay in touch thanks to texting and social media. I’m thankful for old friends that have continued to be part of my day to day life and haven’t decided to step away for whatever reason.
I’m also grateful for new friends that share similar passions that give of themselves and make my life enriched with them within it. I’m grateful for the Noah University coaching I’m a part of that has impacted my life in a new way, clarified my purpose, allowed me to dream again, showed me how to make my dreams come true and for the leadership that authentically share of themselves with those of us in this program.
I’m thankful for God because without him my path would not have taken the direction that it has to lead me to these wonderful things that are in my life now. I’m thankful for the doors he has opened and the ones he has closed to keep me on a path that he wishes for my life. I’m thankful for those I can inspire and give hope to through my photography and writing, which God also gave to me.
I hope you and your families are together sharing love and blessings on this Thanksgiving holiday. Have a blessed day!