Subscribe to Purrfect Images
September 2017 S M T W T F S « Jul 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Our Local WeatherPahrump-NV0Fhumidity: 0%wind: 0mph NH 0 • L 0
Tag Archives: schedule
They tell you when you get diagnosed with a serious illness to go have a second opinion to confirm the diagnosis or treatment for that illness. I have found the same is true when you are struggling with life, goals, dreams, the future, the past, the present and anything else that you are stressed about with your life. That second opinion is usually a close friend, a relative or even a counselor or pastor. These opinions can also come from mentors or someone you consider a confidant.
We all make BIG decisions in our lives, what career, what home, the size of our family, health issues, and helping our parents that are elderly. Then there are the deeper passions in our lives; what is my purpose, how do I reach my goals, why does it feel like all I do is struggle without success? We all feel these questions at various times in our lives. Even with a plan sometimes things change so drastically that you aren’t sure of your real dreams any longer.
Recently, a mentorship program I am part of asked a question that I found very profound and life changing, here it is; what would you do if you won the lottery and all your financial matters were taken care of? Would you travel? Would you take photographs? Would you paint? Would you become a chef? Would you write? Would you film movies? What is the one thing you wish to do in your life if money wasn’t an issue?
For me that is writing and taking photographs. These are deep passions that I have put on the back burner telling myself I would get to it eventually when things slow down. I’d like to ask you, when does life slow down? It’s not happened for me, so I was beginning to feel that these deeper passions weren’t meant for me to accomplish. This is when that second opinion came in handy for me. It was a way to give yourself permission to be yourself and do what you really want to do.
At times I am also the close friend that gets to listen to someone else’s dreams, problems, excuses, or whatever it is at that time. I get to give advice based on what they are telling me through fresh eyes, a different viewpoint. It’s enough to allow the other person to think and refresh there own thinking and drives for their life. Don’t hesitate to ask someone for there opinion. Sometimes you are living life with blinders on. You only see what is immediately in front of you and thinking outside of the box doesn’t happen for you.
You need to take your current schedule and find a small amount of time here and there to start working towards those passions you have. You might need to give up TV shows, meeting with friends each week to just hang out, or you get convinced to do some project or participate in some event that really isn’t something you want to do because your dreams are real and worth fighting for, just for you.
We go in early and stay late for our jobs to earn the money we need to live, why not wake up early or stay up late for just an hour a couple times a week so you can work on your own dreams? When are you going to tell others ‘No’ and start saying ‘Yes’ to yourself?
Start thinking about what you truly want. What would you do if money no longer worried you? Sit down and look at your weekly schedule, how can you put in some time for your own true passions? All it takes is one step forward each day. That step can be as little as 30 minutes a day it’s still moving forward. Give it a try and see where you are in six months.
Leave a comment if you have found your passions and have begun to spend time towards them even if they are baby steps. Share this with someone else that you think is struggling with the same issues. Have a blessed day!
I recently heard my mentor talk about what have you overcome that was holding you back from doing your goals and dreams? He also said will you be in the same place at Christmas of this year that you were last year? Well, both of those questions are quite poignant and must be answered with honesty.
To start with I have overcome a couple things in the last year that were major hurdles for me that I didn’t even realize were until I just started working towards my goals and dreams. One of those hurdles was myself. I was someone that thought positively until something went wrong and then it was ‘whoa is me’ for a while and then time would pass and nothing would have changed due to that attitude. You also tend to ask ‘why’ a lot when you are like that.
The other statement, will you be where you were last year at the end of this year? No, I will not. I have learned that the art of doing changes everything in your life. Those goals or dreams start looking within reach because you are doing things to move yourself forward towards them. These two questions caused me to reflect and I can honestly say that I won’t be where I was at the end of this year compared to last year.
Here are some steps I took to make a difference in my life.
- I focused on what I was truly passionate about…my photography and my writing. I didn’t allow other things to sneak in there and cause me to divert my attention to them.
- I wrote down a list of what I needed to do for each area and began doing tasks to move me forward. (Such as this website for my photography.)
- I began doing. Writing isn’t something you say I want to write a book and you just sit down and are done in one session. Writing 100,000 words for a book takes time that you have to be willing to commit to each day of each week even if it was only 500 words.
- I took my calendar of an already busy schedule and planned in times to take photographs and planned in my time to write. My family, were aware of these times and were helpful to keep me on task when things ran over into my time.
- I learned that even if I didn’t feel creative I went and worked on my goals anyway and while in the midst of starting I would find inspiration to move forward and make true progress.
Accomplishing a goal or dream doesn’t take just thinking about it, you have to actually do something. Decide what you wish to do and create a list of what it will take and begin doing. You will be excited with your progress, you will be doing instead of talking about it, you will inspire others that are close to you to know that these dreams are coming true for you. Turn your 80% of dreaming into 80% of doing and only 20% of dreaming and life will become what you have always wanted it to be.
If you found this blog helpful then please share it with your friends or loved ones that could use similar inspiration. Leave a comment below if you have a method you use that helps you reach your goals and dreams.
Have a blessed day!
We’ve all heard the saying the school of Hard Knocks sometime in your life. At this point in my life I think I have built the university brick by brick. Whenever I make a decision to do something I feel led to do it never fails that a few hard knocks are around the corner to try to prevent me from continuing on my new path.
Here’s what I found important to remember during those times:
- Be thankful for everything you have in your life – from your job, roof over your head, food in your belly, health and your friends and family. You never know when something is going to change in any of these areas that can put a little resistance in your life and make things difficult for a short time.
- Stay Positive – there is plenty of negative in the world that can keep you knocked down when you fall and prevent you from moving forward but if you focus on the positive things you will be back on track in no time.
- Celebrate the little things – Bake cookies with the kids when they come home with a good grade on something you know was challenging for them, do something small but special for your spouse who has been working long hours, take a moment for yourself when you accomplish something that you were stressed about.
- Get Outdoors – You can gain inspiration from many places but going outside to your favorite park, nearby forest, mountain, beach, lake or stream could be all you need to give you a boost to get you past this challenging moment.
- Be Giving – Many families are struggling these days in some manner and giving of your time or money to help someone else is rewarding and will help remind you that life could always be worse. Mow someone’s yard that is ill, take someone to the grocery store that has transportation problems or to the doctor, clean an elderly person’s home, there are many ways to help others think outside of the box.
- Stick to your schedule – If you are someone that have goals and dreams, plus work and juggle a family then a schedule is key to get everything done you need to each day. Schedule a date with your spouse, a family night each week, your own goals and projects time and most importantly alone time. Maintaining a schedule will help you to know what you need to do each day and week and keep you moving forward on your own goals plus take care of your family too.
- Healthy Lifestyle – Maintaining a healthy diet and exercise plan will keep you from getting ill right when you need to be at your best the most. Fast food and sweets are great from time to time but sticking to a lifestyle of healthy eating with plenty of fruits and vegetables, along with water intake and regular exercise will allow you to do more.
When you get knocked down I hope you choose to be positive and get right back up. Moving forward even if only a few small steps each week is still momentum forward towards the goals, dreams and life you desire.
Please share this with someone you feel needs some encouragement today and leave a comment below if you have a method that helps you when life knocks you down.
Have a blessed day!
In order to have balance in your life you have to maintain certain habits and with those habits comes a Recipe for Life. Whether or not they are good or bad depends on your habits of course and the balance you create. Is your life feeling a bit out of balance lately?
Similar to a recipe, life has to have key ingredients to keep it strong, running smoothly and productive, otherwise we are out of balance and we might be something you have prepared that you would rather not eat again. Some of the things in life that you must put on your recipe card are as follows:
- Eating a balanced diet so that your body can work at optimum levels when you are trying to create or maintain your daily income producing activities.
- Getting plenty of rest because when we sleep is when our bodies repair any problems we might be developing such as a cold and that much needed time to sleep also allows you to dream and work things out subconsciously for a better tomorrow.
- Drinking plenty of fluids such as water in a given day keeps your body hydrated so that your skin, organs and other parts of your body can run smoothly doing their jobs to keep you healthy.
- Communicating with those in your life whether at work or home in a manner that is giving, reassuring and praising of others. Not focusing on yourself and focusing on the others in your life by giving them time to speak, time to cry, time to heal and time to love all help them be better people, which help you become someone they trust and honor each day.
- Daily exercise helps you maintain a healthy body, keep metabolism working, strengthens your muscles, increase stamina and overall helps you to function better throughout each day no matter what is on your schedule.
- Feel your spiritual side with God’s word, inspirational books, positive speakers or messages and truth. Knowing that you are loved, knowing that if you think positively and surround yourself with those that tell you the truth about things going on in your life will make you stronger, create a better you and fuel your soul to do your responsibilities as well as your passions.
- Loving and honest friendships are important as they tend to build you up, encourage you, inspire you, keep you accountable and tell you when you need to make a change or hear something important in your life.
- Getting alone time in nature or even your backyard so that you can be quiet and listen. Doing this will help you clear your mind and start hearing the things that should be most important to you. It’s a time that allows you to dream, work out what choices you need to make and unwind from the hustle and bustle of life.
- Giving and showing love are also important to help you remain balanced in your life. Giving to others whether it’s moving some boxes, driving someone to a doctors appointment or giving money all help fuel your soul with affirmations of doing good for others. Showing love to someone else and that you care not only builds them up but also helps you as you watch what a difference you just made in someone else’s life.
- Scheduling your time in a way that honors your family and relationships, your values and responsibilities, and your own needs will allow you to feel productive and able to relax and enjoy your life at the same time.
- Focus is a major aspect to your balanced life. When you are at your job you need to be focused and giving 100% of yourself to it. When you are with your family you should be focused on them, what needs they may have and how you can help them, not thinking about the job you left a few hours ago.
With most recipes it’s the time you take to plan and the time you take to prepare that allows for the most delicious end results. Take the time today to see if you are in balance. If you are feeling stressed, worry or frustrated then perhaps something is out of balance and that is your sign that you need to take a look and see how you can change things before your cake ends up flat in the oven.
Please share this with anyone that you feel this could help or leave a comment below. Look forward to hearing from you.
Have a blessed day!