Subscribe to Purrfect Images
February 2018 S M T W T F S « Jul 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Our Local WeatherPahrump-NV0Fhumidity: 0%wind: 0mph NH 0 • L 0
Tag Archives: giving
I recently had my Birthday and spent it with my family where we had an amazing time together. I was blessed that my family went to the movies with me, we ate at an awesome restaurant that had some fabulous desserts and I received wonderful gifts and cards that expressed their love for me. It was a great day and even though I’m getting older I realized that the age doesn’t matter, it was being able to spend that day with people that love me and I love just creating some memories from our time.
When we are young we not only tell everyone our age but we even do it with ‘and a half’ added because we can’t wait to get to the next age. As we get a bit older it’s those milestone birthdays that we look forward to like 16, 18 and even 21. These are all great dates that we will remember the rest of our lives.
Then we hit the age of 30 and we say, whoa, wait a minute here, where did all these years go. I can’t possibly be 30 already. Before you know it you are saying that again at 40, perhaps even 50 and 60. I don’t know about you but even though I’m in my late 40’s now, I still feel like I’m in my 20’s. Life hasn’t gone by as fast as the numbers are telling me because I don’t feel that age yet.
It’s taken time to learn things and truly become ‘mature’ or ‘responsible’ other than the basics. We start families and add people to our lives that mean a great deal to us, yet it just all goes by so quickly. Before you know it your first-born child is 25 and facing all these things too. This cycle of life is amazing in how it works, but it also shows us that time is the same for us all and we need to make memories, work for our true dreams and passions and live life to the fullest each day.
My birthday made me realize how blessed I am, that I have a daughter that is an adult now, that I’ve been married to a wonderful man for over 30 years and that I have some amazing friends. Learn to live your life where you take advantage of every special moment. That first step or word, day of school, kiss, award, dance, birthdays, anniversaries, picnics, vacations, holidays, graduations, success, failure, weight loss, dream come true and more.
These moments are your life memories that bring you joy, comfort and love. Learn now that those breaths of time are what make you who you are and what give your life true meaning.
Leave a comment on how you are learning to capture these breaths of time and keep them close to your heart and share this so that others will do the same. Have a blessed week!
We’ve all heard the saying the school of Hard Knocks sometime in your life. At this point in my life I think I have built the university brick by brick. Whenever I make a decision to do something I feel led to do it never fails that a few hard knocks are around the corner to try to prevent me from continuing on my new path.
Here’s what I found important to remember during those times:
- Be thankful for everything you have in your life – from your job, roof over your head, food in your belly, health and your friends and family. You never know when something is going to change in any of these areas that can put a little resistance in your life and make things difficult for a short time.
- Stay Positive – there is plenty of negative in the world that can keep you knocked down when you fall and prevent you from moving forward but if you focus on the positive things you will be back on track in no time.
- Celebrate the little things – Bake cookies with the kids when they come home with a good grade on something you know was challenging for them, do something small but special for your spouse who has been working long hours, take a moment for yourself when you accomplish something that you were stressed about.
- Get Outdoors – You can gain inspiration from many places but going outside to your favorite park, nearby forest, mountain, beach, lake or stream could be all you need to give you a boost to get you past this challenging moment.
- Be Giving – Many families are struggling these days in some manner and giving of your time or money to help someone else is rewarding and will help remind you that life could always be worse. Mow someone’s yard that is ill, take someone to the grocery store that has transportation problems or to the doctor, clean an elderly person’s home, there are many ways to help others think outside of the box.
- Stick to your schedule – If you are someone that have goals and dreams, plus work and juggle a family then a schedule is key to get everything done you need to each day. Schedule a date with your spouse, a family night each week, your own goals and projects time and most importantly alone time. Maintaining a schedule will help you to know what you need to do each day and week and keep you moving forward on your own goals plus take care of your family too.
- Healthy Lifestyle – Maintaining a healthy diet and exercise plan will keep you from getting ill right when you need to be at your best the most. Fast food and sweets are great from time to time but sticking to a lifestyle of healthy eating with plenty of fruits and vegetables, along with water intake and regular exercise will allow you to do more.
When you get knocked down I hope you choose to be positive and get right back up. Moving forward even if only a few small steps each week is still momentum forward towards the goals, dreams and life you desire.
Please share this with someone you feel needs some encouragement today and leave a comment below if you have a method that helps you when life knocks you down.
Have a blessed day!
In order to have balance in your life you have to maintain certain habits and with those habits comes a Recipe for Life. Whether or not they are good or bad depends on your habits of course and the balance you create. Is your life feeling a bit out of balance lately?
Similar to a recipe, life has to have key ingredients to keep it strong, running smoothly and productive, otherwise we are out of balance and we might be something you have prepared that you would rather not eat again. Some of the things in life that you must put on your recipe card are as follows:
- Eating a balanced diet so that your body can work at optimum levels when you are trying to create or maintain your daily income producing activities.
- Getting plenty of rest because when we sleep is when our bodies repair any problems we might be developing such as a cold and that much needed time to sleep also allows you to dream and work things out subconsciously for a better tomorrow.
- Drinking plenty of fluids such as water in a given day keeps your body hydrated so that your skin, organs and other parts of your body can run smoothly doing their jobs to keep you healthy.
- Communicating with those in your life whether at work or home in a manner that is giving, reassuring and praising of others. Not focusing on yourself and focusing on the others in your life by giving them time to speak, time to cry, time to heal and time to love all help them be better people, which help you become someone they trust and honor each day.
- Daily exercise helps you maintain a healthy body, keep metabolism working, strengthens your muscles, increase stamina and overall helps you to function better throughout each day no matter what is on your schedule.
- Feel your spiritual side with God’s word, inspirational books, positive speakers or messages and truth. Knowing that you are loved, knowing that if you think positively and surround yourself with those that tell you the truth about things going on in your life will make you stronger, create a better you and fuel your soul to do your responsibilities as well as your passions.
- Loving and honest friendships are important as they tend to build you up, encourage you, inspire you, keep you accountable and tell you when you need to make a change or hear something important in your life.
- Getting alone time in nature or even your backyard so that you can be quiet and listen. Doing this will help you clear your mind and start hearing the things that should be most important to you. It’s a time that allows you to dream, work out what choices you need to make and unwind from the hustle and bustle of life.
- Giving and showing love are also important to help you remain balanced in your life. Giving to others whether it’s moving some boxes, driving someone to a doctors appointment or giving money all help fuel your soul with affirmations of doing good for others. Showing love to someone else and that you care not only builds them up but also helps you as you watch what a difference you just made in someone else’s life.
- Scheduling your time in a way that honors your family and relationships, your values and responsibilities, and your own needs will allow you to feel productive and able to relax and enjoy your life at the same time.
- Focus is a major aspect to your balanced life. When you are at your job you need to be focused and giving 100% of yourself to it. When you are with your family you should be focused on them, what needs they may have and how you can help them, not thinking about the job you left a few hours ago.
With most recipes it’s the time you take to plan and the time you take to prepare that allows for the most delicious end results. Take the time today to see if you are in balance. If you are feeling stressed, worry or frustrated then perhaps something is out of balance and that is your sign that you need to take a look and see how you can change things before your cake ends up flat in the oven.
Please share this with anyone that you feel this could help or leave a comment below. Look forward to hearing from you.
Have a blessed day!