Subscribe to Purrfect Images
February 2018 S M T W T F S « Jul 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Our Local WeatherPahrump-NV0Fhumidity: 0%wind: 0mph NH 0 • L 0
Tag Archives: forward
Since I have started a mentorship program and started the art of DOING, I can say a new life awaits me. I’ve been busy taking my fears and facing them head on. I’ve been scheduling time to photograph, to write and to do my blog each week. I’ve taken time to learn new things and to expand my goals and dreams.
I’m in the process of editing my first book, which will fall into the category of Romance. I’m a hopeless romantic so I had to write in this genre. I want my books to not only be romantic but, to provide hope, show love, and even some inspiration to those readers that decide to follow me.
I’m learning new things with my photography and trying new things that I had not thought of before. I’m developing my craft one step at a time with one photo shoot at a time. I’m choosing to photograph the things I love, which makes it easier to totally be passionate about what images I choose to capture.
I’m also now getting to share the knowledge I’ve learned through writers, photographers and my mentor with others that need some guidance. This has been quite fun and rewarding as it makes me see that I know more than I did even a year ago about my new passions in life. Giving to others after receiving such blessings is only going to make this life an even better experience.
Overcoming fears has allowed me to be productive in areas that I never thought were possible before due to them. Now, I look at those fears and ask myself why not now? Why wait years before I choose to step forth even if I fall on my face and have to get up and try again? It’s exciting to know that when you go through this and conquer a fear here and a fear there that you were the only one holding you back from those dreams in the first place.
I say to you, when are you going to start doing and conquer your fears? When are you going to make your dreams the priority over those fears? The only one holding you back is you! Find out what kind of new life you could have by facing one thing each day that could step you forward in your life to what you ultimately want and how you can help others in the process.
Leave a comment on how you have conquered a fear or made a dream come true. If you know this would inspire someone else then please forward this blog to others. Thank you for reading. Have a blessed day!
I recently heard my mentor talk about what have you overcome that was holding you back from doing your goals and dreams? He also said will you be in the same place at Christmas of this year that you were last year? Well, both of those questions are quite poignant and must be answered with honesty.
To start with I have overcome a couple things in the last year that were major hurdles for me that I didn’t even realize were until I just started working towards my goals and dreams. One of those hurdles was myself. I was someone that thought positively until something went wrong and then it was ‘whoa is me’ for a while and then time would pass and nothing would have changed due to that attitude. You also tend to ask ‘why’ a lot when you are like that.
The other statement, will you be where you were last year at the end of this year? No, I will not. I have learned that the art of doing changes everything in your life. Those goals or dreams start looking within reach because you are doing things to move yourself forward towards them. These two questions caused me to reflect and I can honestly say that I won’t be where I was at the end of this year compared to last year.
Here are some steps I took to make a difference in my life.
- I focused on what I was truly passionate about…my photography and my writing. I didn’t allow other things to sneak in there and cause me to divert my attention to them.
- I wrote down a list of what I needed to do for each area and began doing tasks to move me forward. (Such as this website for my photography.)
- I began doing. Writing isn’t something you say I want to write a book and you just sit down and are done in one session. Writing 100,000 words for a book takes time that you have to be willing to commit to each day of each week even if it was only 500 words.
- I took my calendar of an already busy schedule and planned in times to take photographs and planned in my time to write. My family, were aware of these times and were helpful to keep me on task when things ran over into my time.
- I learned that even if I didn’t feel creative I went and worked on my goals anyway and while in the midst of starting I would find inspiration to move forward and make true progress.
Accomplishing a goal or dream doesn’t take just thinking about it, you have to actually do something. Decide what you wish to do and create a list of what it will take and begin doing. You will be excited with your progress, you will be doing instead of talking about it, you will inspire others that are close to you to know that these dreams are coming true for you. Turn your 80% of dreaming into 80% of doing and only 20% of dreaming and life will become what you have always wanted it to be.
If you found this blog helpful then please share it with your friends or loved ones that could use similar inspiration. Leave a comment below if you have a method you use that helps you reach your goals and dreams.
Have a blessed day!
We’ve all heard the saying the school of Hard Knocks sometime in your life. At this point in my life I think I have built the university brick by brick. Whenever I make a decision to do something I feel led to do it never fails that a few hard knocks are around the corner to try to prevent me from continuing on my new path.
Here’s what I found important to remember during those times:
- Be thankful for everything you have in your life – from your job, roof over your head, food in your belly, health and your friends and family. You never know when something is going to change in any of these areas that can put a little resistance in your life and make things difficult for a short time.
- Stay Positive – there is plenty of negative in the world that can keep you knocked down when you fall and prevent you from moving forward but if you focus on the positive things you will be back on track in no time.
- Celebrate the little things – Bake cookies with the kids when they come home with a good grade on something you know was challenging for them, do something small but special for your spouse who has been working long hours, take a moment for yourself when you accomplish something that you were stressed about.
- Get Outdoors – You can gain inspiration from many places but going outside to your favorite park, nearby forest, mountain, beach, lake or stream could be all you need to give you a boost to get you past this challenging moment.
- Be Giving – Many families are struggling these days in some manner and giving of your time or money to help someone else is rewarding and will help remind you that life could always be worse. Mow someone’s yard that is ill, take someone to the grocery store that has transportation problems or to the doctor, clean an elderly person’s home, there are many ways to help others think outside of the box.
- Stick to your schedule – If you are someone that have goals and dreams, plus work and juggle a family then a schedule is key to get everything done you need to each day. Schedule a date with your spouse, a family night each week, your own goals and projects time and most importantly alone time. Maintaining a schedule will help you to know what you need to do each day and week and keep you moving forward on your own goals plus take care of your family too.
- Healthy Lifestyle – Maintaining a healthy diet and exercise plan will keep you from getting ill right when you need to be at your best the most. Fast food and sweets are great from time to time but sticking to a lifestyle of healthy eating with plenty of fruits and vegetables, along with water intake and regular exercise will allow you to do more.
When you get knocked down I hope you choose to be positive and get right back up. Moving forward even if only a few small steps each week is still momentum forward towards the goals, dreams and life you desire.
Please share this with someone you feel needs some encouragement today and leave a comment below if you have a method that helps you when life knocks you down.
Have a blessed day!