Subscribe to Purrfect Images
November 2017 S M T W T F S « Jul 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Our Local WeatherPahrump-NV0Fhumidity: 0%wind: 0mph NH 0 • L 0
Tag Archives: encouragement
We’ve all heard the saying the school of Hard Knocks sometime in your life. At this point in my life I think I have built the university brick by brick. Whenever I make a decision to do something I feel led to do it never fails that a few hard knocks are around the corner to try to prevent me from continuing on my new path.
Here’s what I found important to remember during those times:
- Be thankful for everything you have in your life – from your job, roof over your head, food in your belly, health and your friends and family. You never know when something is going to change in any of these areas that can put a little resistance in your life and make things difficult for a short time.
- Stay Positive – there is plenty of negative in the world that can keep you knocked down when you fall and prevent you from moving forward but if you focus on the positive things you will be back on track in no time.
- Celebrate the little things – Bake cookies with the kids when they come home with a good grade on something you know was challenging for them, do something small but special for your spouse who has been working long hours, take a moment for yourself when you accomplish something that you were stressed about.
- Get Outdoors – You can gain inspiration from many places but going outside to your favorite park, nearby forest, mountain, beach, lake or stream could be all you need to give you a boost to get you past this challenging moment.
- Be Giving – Many families are struggling these days in some manner and giving of your time or money to help someone else is rewarding and will help remind you that life could always be worse. Mow someone’s yard that is ill, take someone to the grocery store that has transportation problems or to the doctor, clean an elderly person’s home, there are many ways to help others think outside of the box.
- Stick to your schedule – If you are someone that have goals and dreams, plus work and juggle a family then a schedule is key to get everything done you need to each day. Schedule a date with your spouse, a family night each week, your own goals and projects time and most importantly alone time. Maintaining a schedule will help you to know what you need to do each day and week and keep you moving forward on your own goals plus take care of your family too.
- Healthy Lifestyle – Maintaining a healthy diet and exercise plan will keep you from getting ill right when you need to be at your best the most. Fast food and sweets are great from time to time but sticking to a lifestyle of healthy eating with plenty of fruits and vegetables, along with water intake and regular exercise will allow you to do more.
When you get knocked down I hope you choose to be positive and get right back up. Moving forward even if only a few small steps each week is still momentum forward towards the goals, dreams and life you desire.
Please share this with someone you feel needs some encouragement today and leave a comment below if you have a method that helps you when life knocks you down.
Have a blessed day!